Director of Youth and Families Ministry
Full-Time – 37hrs Salary: £24,266 – £27,432 DOE
- Strong in your depth of personal relationship with God?
- Passionate about children and young people?
- A strategic and dynamic leader with a vision to integrate children and young people?
- Able to work within a ministry team as a strong and proactive advocate for youth and families ministry within the church?
- Equipped with the organisational and relational skills required to coordinate a volunteer team across the ministry?
- An excellent communicator to children, young people and adults?
- Experienced in ministry with children and young people?
Helensburgh Parish Church is a vibrant and active Church of Scotland congregation located in Helensburgh, West Central Scotland, 23 miles from Glasgow. We are an affirming and inclusive congregation where the value, dignity and worth of every individual is recognised and celebrated. The key themes of Belong, Believe, Grow and Serve embody our aim to provide a welcoming place for everyone. We are a church where all ages gather in worship and we are now looking to develop our ministry amongst children and families.
This is a new venture in the life of the congregation and we believe there is huge scope for developing a rich and abundant ministry. The Director of Youth and Families Ministry will help us to develop and deepen relationships among families within the church and local community, encouraging them in their emotional, social and spiritual development.
The post holder will be well supported by our Youth Strategy Team and by volunteers serving in our current ministries. We are also committed to the provision of office space, time for personal and professional development and networking.
Funding for this post has been secured for a minimum period of 3 years.
It is an occupational requirement that the post holder is a committed Christian with a current church connection, as is the need to hold an enhanced PVG disclosure.
Please apply with a CV and covering letter explaining what attracted you to the post and what gifts and skills relevant to the post you particularly feel you can bring to email@example.com
Closing date for applications is 11 June 2018.
– Belong – Believe – Grow – Serve –