Eco-Congregation Scotland is a charity, offering a programme to enthuse and equip churches to weave environmental issues into their life and mission in an enjoyable and stimulating way.
- A Scotland that cares for God’s creation, now and forever.
- We care passionately for God’s creation
- We are a faith based movement
- We are rooted in local groups of Christians
- We work co-operatively with each other and with others who care about the environment
- We encourage transformational change at individual, community and national levels
- In prayer, worship and conversation we discover what it means to care for God’s creation
- We put that care into action individually, locally, nationally and globally, desiring to live justly in a transformed world
- We commit ourselves to campaigning on urgent threats to the web of life in our vulnerable world
(Values, Vision and Mission statement adopted by the board of Eco-Congregation Scotland on 13th February 2014)
Helensburgh Parish Church is part of the Helensburgh and Lomond Network
The network includes St Michael and All Angels; Helensburgh United Reformed Church, Helensburgh Parish church, Jamestown Parish Church and Alexandria Parish Church
We hold meetings as a network four times a year in September, November, March and May. To exchange ideas offer support and organise events.
We organise an educational trip for Church congregations in the spring
A Beach Clean at Pentecost
A fundraising and awareness raising coffee morning is held in June. To this event we invite local trusts and charities with an Eco theme as well as displaying work done throughout the year by local Eco-Schools. We also hold a competition annually for the local schools and award a trophy.
Helensburgh Parish Church rep